At 08:14 PM 2/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
(But why would anyone want to get Q-Liberator when Turbo is free, twice as fast, plus now it can incorporate extensions in the executable. We should know as Q-Word is done this way thanks to George Gwilt).
Turbo IMHO was always a superior product and with TurboPTR you can build all the Pointer programs that your heart desires.

With all honesty, I find Qlib to be an easier compiler to use. Now, both have their problem compared to a "real" compiler like C68. Both require you to LOAD the program into SBASIC.

When I use Structured SuperBasic (which allows me to program with no line numbers). Qlib does the linking in of Config blocks using a few preprocessor commands. Turbo requires the use of T_CONFIG program and Turbo with TurboPTR requires the use of line numbers and data statements.

Now, I have not used Qlib in a while and will alter my programming style to use Turbo, but it's kind of like changing from a QWERTY keyboard to a Dvorak keyboard.

I now favor Turbo because it is 100% freeware and pretty much open source.

Tim Swenson

  • ... thegilpins
      • ... Timothy Swenson
        • ... Wolfgang Lenerz