Bill Waugh wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "QL Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 12:20 PM Subject: [ql-users] hoax email

Some Tesco.net users like myself are receiving 'hoax' or 'phishing'
emails inviting us to take action to prevent our accounts being closed
down, such as supplying details of passwords etc. There are
attachments involved (which I haven't opened or previewed so hopefully

my pee-see is not infected) but if anyone gets what looks like a hoax

or virus purporting to be from me please let me know, the ISP is
currently trying to block these and my anti-virus indicates this
machine is clear at any rate.

Dare I suggest it (just to get back on topic), thank goodness the QL
is a machine pretty free of the problem of viruses!

--
Dilwyn Jones

I've been receiving quite a few of these recently, eg MBNA, Lloyds TSB, Barclays IBank - and I don't have accounts with all of these. Problem for the hoaxers were that they sent them to my spam account (the eaddr I had to abandon as it was harvested and is now used solely by spammers/hoaxers) and not the correct eaddrs (when appropriate), and I'm extemely paranoid about the web anyway, so the hoax was instantly recognised. Also, not using Lookout Express I didn't get the option to click on the given URL and not using IE I saw the ...^A^A^A@<hoaxers_url> bit of the URL.