In a message dated 17/03/2004 20:40:47 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
>Alternatively, instead of forcing money he doesn't want onto Peter
>Graf, an alternative approach might be to buy into Q60 SMSQ/E
>maintenance, i.e. whoever is building and releasing the new SMSQ/E
>gets paid to produce a Q60 version. That way, SMSQ/E for Qx0 remains
>up to date and someone gets paid to produce the new releases alongside
>the other versions.

It is up to date. Wolfgang releases new versions for the Q40 which I
test on the Q40 here and distribute for the cost of postage and copying
to anyone who wants one. In fact the current version, 3.05 seems to be
the best one yet.
Yes, that is the case as I understand it.

I do however wonder what version D&D supplies with their machines??  If they are not supplying the latest version, then they would seem to be selling their purchases short.

Perhaps something that is missing from QL Today / Qaunta is a list each month (only needs a small amount of space) of the current versions of each operating system and where they can be obtained / updated.  Ie.

SMSQ/e v3.05 for Gold Card / Super Gold Card / QPC2 / Q40 / Q60
- upgrades from QBranch, Jochen Merz, D&D (?) and Phoebus Dokos.

QDOS Classic v?.??
- upgrades from D&D and Phoebus Dokos ?? (presumably also the internet)

Minerva v1.97 (if memory serves me right)
- ROM upgrades only available from Tony Firshman.
(is there upgrades available for use with the emulators now rather than using the puclis domain version - I forget the version number off the top of my head).

QDOS JS or MGx
- ROM upgrades available from ???  RWAP Services can always pull a few ROMs.  Can Tony still supply the ROM upgrades??

Not really acting as an advert for anyone - just a reminder of where to get the latest version so that people are not complaining about bugs which were fixed months if not years ago !!
--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

Stuck with ordinary dial up internet connection ??
Read our review of internet accelerators and broadband at: