Just my 2 cents:  GDAL is not very ABI stabel. As a result mixing library modules from different versions and compilations can result into peculiar behavior instead of a sober, clean crash.  It would be more safe to use file format plugins that have been compiled with the very same version of GDAL as it is provided with QMapShack.

I know that Helmut does not want to pick up that task for various reasons. And I think we have to accept this. But never the less someone else can use the current QMapShack/GDAL SDK to compile these plugins and provide them on Bitbucket.

Gesendet: Dienstag, 08. August 2017 um 14:09 Uhr
Von: Mitxel <nodeslatx...@gmail.com>
An: k-w.thaem...@web.de
Cc: "QLandkarte GT" <qlandkartegt-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: Re: [Qlandkartegt-users] ECW and MBTILES support on windows
Hi Wolfgang

- The -d command line parameter is for *NIX systems only. With Windows You can use "-f" to get a logfile with debug info in the users application Temp directory. There I found the GDAL_PATH problem which seems to cause my problems.

Thanks! I will do so.

- If I understand Helmut correctly, then there is no way to use "brute force" to replace the default GDAL by one at another location.

I will do a new attempt with the gisinternals stuff overwritting the current one at the same folder the current files live now.

- I didn't test MBTILES files, but I expect a similar behavior.

Yes ,Probably it will be the same.

--

I have packed some mbtiles for those who want testing:

Cabrera Islands National Park: This is a minimal mbtiles. Only 2Mb.

Islas Atlanticas:  (12 Mb)

You download a zip file with:

.mbtiles   | the map file Downloaded from Spanish IGN web site.
.vrt file  |  generated with QMS
.gpx file  | With a Waypoint within the map area.
.txt | with the reference to the IGN webpage

These IGN mbtiles are made with different layers at different scales that behav like overviews. Before the Olivers last commit related to overviews(43b0987) only the most detailed one was shown at close zoom levels. Since that commit more levels are shown as an overview when zooming out,  ...and  with no need to generate  gdaladdos overviews ..great!

Mitxel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________ Qlandkartegt-users mailing list Qlandkartegt-users@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qlandkartegt-users