Am 09.06.2018 um 01:18 schrieb John:

When I use the projection below in QlandkarteGT, the grid is parallel with the sides of map window, ie longitudes are vertical. The same projection in Qmapshack causes the grid to be rotated 3-4degrees counter clockwise.

+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=173 +k=0.9996 +x_0=1600000 +y_0=10000000 +ellps=GRS80 +units=m +no_defs

Why would that be, and how do I correct the Qmapshack display?

I am using NZ Topo50 geotiff map sources.

Hi John,

using QMS 1.11.1 on Windows 10 and setting both the grid and the map projections to your value I can't confirm your observation. In my case the grid lines are parallel to the edges of the screen. Rotating a snapshot of the map by 3 degrees with Gimp confirms my obervation. Could it be that the QMS map projection is different to the grid projection in your case?

Please have also a look at the QMS Wiki page

https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/wiki/AdvMapDetails

Regards

WolfgangTh