[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> If its up and not behind a firewall it matters. Though granted it will not
> necessarily get him black listed but it could get his isp blacklisted. This
> type of stuff is exactly what the long discussion about blocking dialups was
> caused by.

To that, I say a big phhhhhhhbbbbbbbbllllllllltttttttttttt.

One of my Qmail boxes does a dynamic IP dialup, and may occasionally send
mail.

I can assure you that my ISP is not blacklisted, and is not likely to be
blacklisted in any near future.

I've only encountered one major ISP that implements dynamic IP dialup
blocks.  Several smaller corporate entities also.

For the scant few domains that I have a need to regularly exchange mail
with, I use smtproutes to smarthost for those domains only.

For the remaining domains, they are the ones who actually end up being
blacklisted, with a short and polite message informing the sender to try
again from an ISP that won't block my replies.

--
Sam