I am trying to figure out the best soulution for remote relaying.  I have
already looked at the packages on the qmail web site.

A few questions:

Can a cdb file be rebuilt multiple times per minute without any problems?
What about if the cdb file is on a nfs filesystem?

My original thought for handling this would be to simple have my
checkpassword 'touch' a file (with remote ip addr as name), and then
either modify tcpserver to check if the file exists to allow access, or
build a cdb from all the files in the directory.  Anyone have any
thoughts?

James