> OK..  cool... except that i don't see how FAQ 5.5 has anything to do
> with it.   Still, if i can get away without modifying any binaries, i'll
> be happy....

...[FAQ 5.5]
> Third, follow the procedure in question 5.4, but set RELAYCLIENT to the
> string ``@fixme'':
>
>    tcp-env: 1.2.3.6, 1.2.3.7: setenv = RELAYCLIENT @fixme
>
> Here 1.2.3.6 and 1.2.3.7 are the clients' IP addresses. If you are using
> tcpserver instead of inetd and tcpd, put
>
>    1.2.3.6:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fixme"
>    1.2.3.7:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fixme"
>
> into /etc/tcp.smtp, and run tcprules as in question 5.4.

    I think the gist of what he's saying is that you can use the variable
setting capabilities of tcpserver (shown here modifying "RELAYCLIENT") to
set other variables.  One of these variables modifies the Received line's
"from [host]", and another modifies the IP address associated with that
host.

    I'm not being vague for the hell of it; I just don't have access to my
system which uses this feature right now.  If you can wait another 6 hours
or so, I'll mail the exact lines that I'm using to do exactly what you're
asking for.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Please note my new [EMAIL PROTECTED] address which will
        become my default address in March, and which works now.