On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 00:39:04 -0400, phate wrote:

>I'm setting up a mailing list using Ezmlm-idx..
>I've setup everything properly, but the problem is when the user sends a
>message to subscribe, he's asked to reply to a cookie based
>authentication system, problem is that in the reply-to header the part
>after the '@' is the actual domain name of the server, and not the
>virtualdomain I've setup the mailing list with.
>
>I've tried setting the reply-to header in ezmlm-manage.c to
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]", but it appears something rewrites the part after @
>to name of my server..

This is not how it normally works.

If the address within the message itself has the virtual domain and the
reply-to header does not, something is strange in your virtual domain
or MTA setup. Do you rewrite headers anywhere? Do your messages pass
through some sendmail installation (???). Do you use any patches to
qmail?

If they are both wrong, then your list is not set up correctly. In this
case, the 'host' argument used in setting up the list was wrong.

In general, real data is better than faked. If you write the
domain/host names it is possible to check DNS info. If you enclose the
confirmation request in question, it's possible to answer questions. If
you provide info on your list setup, it's possibe to point out the
error.

[posted to both ezmlm and qmail lists, but this is more appropriate for
the ezmlm list]

-Sincerely, Fred