Does it make a difference when one puts a space between the user and
group symbols (-u -g) and the numbers when starting tcp server?

(For my examples, lets pretend that the
qmaild uid=123 and the nofiles gid=456)

In the document at:
http://qmail-docs.surfdirect.com.au/docs/qmail-antirelay.html

The suggested startup line for tcpserver is:
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c100 -u123 -g456 0 smtp

The -c100 -u123 -g456 have no spaces between the -c, -u or -g and the
values.

The FAQ says the tcp server line is:
tcpserver -v -u 123 -g 456 0 smtp ...

The -u 123 -g 456 have spaces before the values.

*******
So, when I originally set up qmail, I used the first method for
tcpserver, -u123 and -g456.
Although tcpserver worked fine, it ocasionally crashed or disappeared
from the process list. I would then have to manually restart it. I would
say this crash occurred around 20+ times in a 3 month period. Qmail
continued on just fine.

When I had problems and reinstalled, I used the second method, -u 123 -g
456. I have not had a crash since, it has been about 1 month.

So, my question is, does the space matter between the -u and the value
or not? Could this have been the source of my tcpserver crashes? Does it
simply not matter?

Joe Junkin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]