Brandon Pulsipher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have been using qmail for about 6 months now and I'm quite happy with
> it.  Recently, I changed from POP3 to IMAP, however, and now, when
> reading my mail with MS Outlook, all the times are wrong.  Outlook
> thinks the messages are received GMT.  I thought this was Outlook's
> problem, but the more I look at the headers, it seems that qmail stamps
> the messages received at a GMT time.  I see this:

qmail only ever uses GMT in Received headers.  There's no way of changing
this short of modifying the qmail code.  Dan feels that all timestamps in
mail should be in GMT so that people don't have to add and subtract time
zones all the time (and so that in the worst cases people don't have to
play "guess the time zone offset"), so this is unlikely to change.

However, Outlook should be looking at the Date header of the message, not
at the Received headers, and the Date header normally contains whatever
the person sending the message put into it.  qmail will use GMT if no Date
header is provided, but if one has already been generated, I believe it is
preserved.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>