On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 at 14:43:38 +0200, Dimitri SZAJMAN wrote:
> At 07:42 12/08/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Sam wrote:
> >
> >   > - If the mail received is like 15 Mb, it will be denied. But will it be
> >   > denied before being sent to my SMTP server or after ?
> >
> >   After.
> >
> >Unless you set an incoming limit using control/databytes.
>
> in /var/qmail/control/databytes ?
>
> and I only pout the # of bytes allowed ? What do you advise ?

I think so.
But the result may be not what you want.

It won't prevent accepting many smaller messages (each below databytes).
If a user exceeds his quota, new messages won't be appended to his mailbox
(or maildir) but will be filling the spool, making the situation even
worse.
One of the solutions is using the script named mailquotacheck, mentioned
at www.qmail.org, available from
http://www.tibus.net/pgregg/projects/qmail/mailquotacheck/

Though it's only effective when a user can't edit his .qmail, i.e. usually
on mail servers without "shell accounts".

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.