>From the presentation of information perspective, the site is not all that
good.  Technically speaking, it is very good - fast loading, not a lot of BS
graphics, accessible with all browsers, including the elite few of us who
still use Lynx.  I am concerned about the quality and quantity of
information on the site.  Certainly, QMail is a force in the industry, and I
imagine that you and Dan Bernstein and countless others want it to be
an even more powerful force.  QMail is making money, of that there can be no
doubt.  Dan has a book deal, and you have a consultancy.  People that use
QMail are also making money - Hotmail, Blue Mountain Arts, NetDynamics, for
instance.  I like QMail, I want to continue to use QMail.  I want to be
informed about QMail, and my previous experience from www.qmail.org is that
it is not a place to get informed.  Yes, there is a patch list now on the
page, and I applaud that effort.  I never would have looked if I hadn't been
slammed, however, because I had already written off www.qmail.org as a
dead-loss for information.

I know other people that have come away from the site with that same
impression - even worse, I've had people tell me that the product must suck
because the web site sucks.  I don't argue with them because - number one,
I've had a lot of trouble getting to the information I want, number two
image is everything.  It's the American Way, it's why companies advertise,
and it's why people spend billions of dollars on the Internet.  QMail is not
a product that can continue to stand on it's own merits - people obviously
have a lot of trouble with it, just look at the volume on this mailing list.
It's time that information about QMail becomes as robust as QMail itself.

Hearing from me that the site sucks shouldn't make you feel bad - after all,
what do you know about me?  I'm certainly no guru on QMail, which is the
foundation of my criticism for the QMail site.  There isn't a nice way to
say that something sucks, lest you not get the message across.  I prefer to
be blunt.  I got your attention.  The current site, in my opinion, hurts
QMail more that it helps.  I have offered to help you, and my offer stands.
It's easy to say something sucks.  It's hard to do something about it.
Let's do something about it.