> I use qmail and have noticed that the vast majority of spam that comes
> through is from <>
>
> Is there an a means by which I can reject mail from <> or is there any
> problems associated with this?

        There is a problem with doing it:

        RFC 821, section 3.6:

 This notification message must be from the server-SMTP at this
 host.  Of course, server-SMTPs should not send notification
 messages about problems with notification messages.  One way to
 prevent loops in error reporting is to specify a null reverse-path
 in the MAIL command of a notification message.  When such a
 message is relayed it is permissible to leave the reverse-path
 null.  A MAIL command with a null reverse-path appears as follows:
   MAIL FROM:<>

        In other words, that's the "sender" for most bounces, so if you drop
mail from <> you'll be shutting out bounce messages.

--
    gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]