On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Diego Puertas wrote:
> Greetings to everyone

> How can I make qmail stop receiving  large mails.

This is probably heavily discussed in a qmail FAQ or man page, but...

1.  For all mail inbound (i.e., via SMTP), just put the number of bytes
(as in 2048000 for basically 2 megabyte limit) into
/var/qmail/control/databytes    Chmod the file 644.

AND/OR,

2. If you want to have some people be able to send huge mails (like up to
8MB), you can set MAXSIZE="8120000" either in your tcpserver control file
on the line that will match their IP/IP range, like:
10.55.66.:allow,MAXSIZE="8120000",RELAYCLIENT=""

The setting of MAXSIZE in the environment by tcpserver will override the
/var/qmail/control/databytes setting, so you can use the databytes control
file number as a catchall.  I actually use a line in tcpserver's control
file like :allow,MAXSIZE="1024000"  to act as a catchall.

      -M

Michael Brian Scher (MS683/MS3213)  Anthropologist, Attorney, Policy Analyst
            Mainlining Internet Connectivity for Fun and Profit
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Give me a compiler and a box to run it, and I can move the mail.