On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 04:13:25AM +0000, Frederik Lindberg wrote:
> > nullmailer can indeed use QMTP to smarthosts that support it, but it
> > explicitly has no support for local delivery.  You could set up qmail
> > and nullmailer concurently and have qmail deliver all remote mail into a
> > virtual domain that calls up nullmailer to transfer it.
>
> The problem would be that qmail would deliver one message per remote
> recipient, so there is little gain (except QMTP < SMTP overhead).

Uh, yeah.  Missed that one.  OK, bad idea.

> Would it
> be hard to put hooks into nullmailer to support local delivery via
> qmail-local?

Hard, but not impossible.  How would you envision such hooks?
Certainly, I am not going to add support to nullmailer to actually do
the delivery, but giving it a way to call an external program that could
is a reasonable option.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/