That's the strange thing about it. The dir is writable by just the owner.
I even tried removing all write permissions and I got the same response.
I wonder why?

BTW, does qmail recognize I/O errors? Like if my hard disk has a bad block
and my mail went into that block. What message should we get if ever this
happens?

Thanks a lot again!!!

Regards,

Edward Castillo Jakosalem