At 07:32 PM 06/12/99 -0500, Bob C. Ruddy wrote:
>I'm looking to set up a secondary mail server for when my primary is
>unreachable. I don't want qmail to deliver the email though just queue it
>up till the primary mail server comes online. I looked through the faq but
>did not see anything. Can someone point me in the right direction.

yeah, just bung the domain in the rcpthosts file on the second server and
then in the DNS give it a higher MX preference value than the primary server.

Then, qmail on the secondary MX will accept the mail for the domain and try
and deliver it to the primary MX, queuing and retrying on the way...

I think it gives up after a message has been in the queue for 7 days or
something. Plenty of time for you to try something else :)

peter
--
peter at gradwell dot com; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/