On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:53:49PM -0500,
  "Mark E. Drummond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Communicator. Spawning a browser to view some goofballs HTML mail, which
> I receive a lot of, is a pain in the ass. Lacks some of the features I
> was used to in mutt and pine, not nearly as configurable, doesn't do
> pgp/gpg, I use a Verisign cert for now, but overall it has reduced my
> headaches and I have learned to live with the mssing features. Strictly
> IMAP from work and home.
>
> Personally I would prefer mutt or pine, but Communicator is our
> officially supported product, so it also helps to use the same tool my
> lusers are using. ;-(

You can use a mailcap definition to pipe html attachments through lynx.
This works well for mutt. The html attachments look like plain text
attachments.

Be carefull when using a browser to read email. People can tell when you
read their email by looking to see when image links in the message are
referenced. Scripting can also be used to do unfriendly things to you.