> I'm pretty sure it's not Netscape... I tried setting my outgoing mail
> server to that of my ISP-- nothing else changed-- & the sender showed
> up as [EMAIL PROTECTED] It appears that this is a setting
> supplied by the mail server, but it's possible that I'm wrong.

        More probably it is "rewritten" by your mail server.  Sendmail has a
habit of rewriting any addresses to correct the MUA's incorrect or partial
view of the world.  Qmail, less so; but see the mess822 package
(particularly ofmipd) at http://cr.yp.to/mess822.html.

        Probably easier to fix in the client.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]