Kristina writes:
> I want to configure qmail-local to deliver mail to /var/spool/mail/username/
> Maildir.

You might try putting
'/var/spool/mail/$LOCAL/Maildir/'
in /var/qmail/rc (or whatever you use to start qmail), in place of the
default delivery method (probably ./Maildir or '|preline procmail').
This probably won't work, though; I don't think the delivery method is
subject to shell interpretation or plain variable substitution.  Make
sure $LOCAL is contained within single quotes, as above; otherwise, it
certainly won't work.  (It doesn't matter whether the quotes are
around just $LOCAL or the whole thing.)

Note that this will affect everyone who doesn't use their own .qmail,
and so they'll need their own Maildirs as well.

> The /usr/share/man/cat5/dot-qmail.0 file tells you how to write a
> .qmail file to change delivery, however its too difficult for me to comprehe
> nd.

Put the line
/var/spool/mail/username/Maildir/
in username's .qmail file.  (Don't forget the / at the end.)  This
will certainly work; doing it system-wide is the hard part.  I use
something similar myself; my .qmail contains:
/var/spool/maildir/username/
Perfect delivery isn't guaranteed for asynchronously-mounted
filesystems, and mounting /home synchronously would be unpleasant, so
I mount /var synchronously and deliver mail there.

paul