> I have a qmail server up and running GREAT.. all is well..
> BUT... I want to bring up another that will Que up mail
> should the real mail
> server crash, need rebooting, Melt down to slag, or ETC......
> Anyone have a how-to for that ?..

        Build a second server with qmail.  On the second server, instead of
listing your domain(s) in 'locals' and 'rcpthosts', list your domain in
'smtproutes' and 'rcpthosts'.  'smtproutes' is described in 'man
qmail-remote'.

        Create an MX entry for both your main and your secondary server, and
make sure that the secondary server has a higher MX value (i.e, main is MX
5, secondary is MX 10).

        If main is down, mail will queue up on the secondary.  If main is
down for more than 7 days, tweak your 'queuelifetime' so that it won't
bounce.  When the main server comes back up, send qmail-send a SIGALRM to
tell it to clear out the queue.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]