> > I'd think that the CPU and memory will be fine, but I'd
> > suggest he gets a couple of spindles so that he can
> > separate out the queue.
>
> ah! ok. this is the big question. multiple queues.

        He said multiple spindles, not multiple queues.

        Multiple spindles simply means that the queue (/var/qmail/queue/*)
is physically located on a disk that isn't used for other things (like final
mail delivery).   If both the queue and the final delivery destination (like
/var/spool/mail) are on the same physical disk, that means the disk head is
constantly sprinting back and forth between queue and spool, and it hurts
performance.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]