> But I tried to telnet to the server using smtp port and it does
> not work but seems like after DNS translation it points to the
> wrong IP address. Possibly MX record problem?

        If 'nslookup exchange-server-name' comes up with a different IP
address than that of your exchange-server, then DNS is incorrect.

        If the MX record for domain.com points to exchange-server-name and
you're trying 'telnet domain.com 25', then you're testing incorrectly.
Telnet to exchange-server-name 25 instead.

        If the MX record for domain.com points to something other than
exchange-server-name, then your MX record is pointing to the wrong place (or
perhaps the right place, but not Exchange).  This still shouldn't affect
your telnet testing.

        If you telnet to the ip address of the exchange-server ('telnet
192.168.3.4 25') and you still get connection refused, then you don't have
exchange configured to accept SMTP, or you have a firewall/network issue
somewhere in between the two hosts.

        It seems pretty likely, from what you've said, that qmail isn't the
problem, but that something is funky with your network or DNS.

--
      gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]