Mark Lo wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      How to determine whether my pop server is running or not.  I have
> tried to telnet to 127.0.0.1 110...and I got the connection refused.
> Then, I went for ps -aux, and i don't see any pop server running.
>
>       Thus, i have already put pop server startup srcipt in
> /var/qmail/rc according to life with qmail.
>
>        i put the following into /var/qmail/rc:
>
>  tcpserver -v -R 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
> pop.sourcesfinder.com \
>    /bin/checkpassword  /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1 | \
>    /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d &
>
> And i have installed the checkpassword and tcpserver utitilities and
> working properly., my host name is space1.sourcesfinder.com, and using
> redhat 6.0.
>
> Thank You
>
> mark

Try typing netstat -ta , it will show every service listening for a
connection.  The only thing that should be in the /var/qmail/rc is the
qmail-start command and etc.  Look in /var/qmail/boot for examples.  Your
pop3d and smtpd should be started from your local scripts or placed where
your previous ones were started from.  They would be in /etc/rc.d  .

        Later,
            Dale