Carlo Manuali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My problem was to manage the queue manually, to send E-Mail only at some
>hours (ex. 8 am and 5pm).
>
>Can someone help me to explain how can i have to use serialmail (or other
>way) to do this with the products that i have already installed?

Install serialmail. In particular, you need maildirsmtp, which takes a
mailbox in maildir format and sends the contents via smtp. Configure
qmail to deliver all outgoing mail to a maildir mailbox by adding the
following entry to control/virtualdomains:

  :alias-catchall

and creating the associated .qmail file:

  echo ./outgoing/ >~alias/.qmail-catchall

In whatever script you use to bring up your network connection, add a
maildirsmtp invocation to send the mail queued in ~alias/outgoing. Or
set up cron jobs at 8 AM and 5 PM to run maildirsmtp, if you know the
connection will be up at those times. See the maildirsmtp man page for
details on running it.

-Dave