"Marcelo J. Iturbe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I Installed tcpserver and "service" and they seem to be crashing.

What do you mean by "service"? Daemontools? What do you mean by
"crashing"?

>I placed the following in my rc.local file and it is creating havoc.

Try "rm havoc".

>/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c 100 -v -u 502 -g 501 0
>smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &
>
>/bin/csh -cf '/usr/local/bin/svscan /service &'
>
>/usr/local/bin/supervise /service/qmail

The first command runs tcpserver serving qmail-smtpd on port 25.

The second command runs svscan to start all services in /service via
supervise.

The third command run the qmail service via supervise.

Depending upon the contents of /service, the first command may or may
not interfere with the second command. The third command *does*
interfere with second command.

>In my last boot up I just executed the first line ignoring the service
>lines and it seems to be working fine.. but is it?

You tell us: is qmail running? Is mail going through? I doubt it.

Why don't you just follow the directions in "Life with qmail"?

See:

  http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html

-Dave