For those who know the SMTP protocol better than I:

If I limit my incoming SMTP connections on a box to something small, say
5, what does happens to further incomings; are they simply ignored, or
NAK'd, or what?  And on what % of servers out there will this mean that
the message bounces entirely instead of being retried?  Thanks.

Side question: is there some way to get the stats (out of qmailanalog,
etc.) as to how many simultaneous connections were happening on the
various services at various times?

IE:
peak usage: 48 simultaneous connections +/- 3 between 3 and 6 PM
 ... type of information.

--
       -=+0+=-< Michael T. Babcock >-=+0+=-