Hello,
I have just installed a tcpserver supervised qmail. The  problem I am
having concerns multilog. The message a recieve on console at boot time is :

multilog: fatal: unable to switch to current directory: access denied

I know that this probably involves a permissions problem but here is where
I am stumped.
Here is are the permissions of /var/log/qmail/smtpd :

root@cygnus:/var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log > ls -l /var/log/qmail/smtpd
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 qmaill   qmail        512 Jun 21 15:49 ./
drwxr-xr-x   3 qmaill   qmail        512 Jun 21 15:49 ../

Here is the contents of    /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log/run
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail

Here is the contents of   /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/log/run
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t
/var/log/qmail/smtpd

My /var/qmail/rc looks like this:
#!/bin/sh

# Using stdout for logging
# Using control/defaultdelivery from qmail-local to deliver messages by
default

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start "`cat /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery`"

My /etc/init.d/qmail script is taken off of the Life With Qmail page/

I am running qmail 1.03 on a solaris 2.6 system with daemontools-0.70. I
have checked the mailing list archives and didn't find any more insight. I
someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks