ls -l:
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           51 Jun 22 17:54
/var/qmail/control/locals

cat:
domain.org
mail.domain.org

If it helps any, I'm running with the qmail-ldap patch (which is the
primary reason I'm using qmail, I need that kind of builtin LDAP support),
but I haven't changed the default setting to deliver to local if not found
in LDAP.