Hi,
 I'd like to know whether there are significant differences between
QMQP and QMTP. I know that qmail-qmqpc is used in place of qmail-queue
so mail isn't safely stored on the QMQP client, whereas a QMTP client
could be used in place of qmail-remote ( I'm thinking about writing a
patch to qmail-rspawn to allow that ) and mail is securely stored on
the client before the QMTP session.
 My question is : from a network point of view, why are there 2
protocols ? As far as I can see, qmail-qmqpc could speak QMTP to the
remote server instead of QMQP, and that would make no difference at all.
So why don't null clients / mini-qmail setups just speak QMTP ?

 Thanks in advance,

--
 Ska