Hi,

We've got an internal machine here inside our firewall that we check
our email on. We've also got 2 external machines handling email for
our customers at the domains mydomain.net (a linux machine running
sendmail) and mydomain.org (a linux machine running qmail). Employess
have their mail forwarded to our internal machine, web0.mydomain.net.

What we'd like to do is to be able to send mail to each other at our
@mydomain.net/.org addresses and have them try to deliver locally
first, on our internal machine, then deliver to the other machines if the
user isn't found internally first.

This is what I set up to do this (defaultdomain,me and plusdomain were
set up by a previous sysadmin):

me
web0.mydomain.net

defaultdomain
mydomain.net

locals
localhost
web0
web0.mydomain.net
web0.mydomain.org
mydomain.net
mydomain.org

plusdomain
mydomain.net

rcpthosts
localhost
web0
web0.mydomain.net
web0.mydomain.org

locals
localhost
web0
web0.mydomain.net
web0.mydomain.org
mydomain.net
mydomain.org

plusdomain
mydomain.net

rcpthosts
localhost
web0
web0.mydomain.net
web0.mydomain.org

.qmail-default
|fastforward -Npd /etc/aliases.cdb  |forward "$[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

eve.mydomain.net accepts mail and then forwards on to
grace.mydomain.org if a user isn't found there.

What is happening now is that mail is delivered locally, but if the mail
has to be delivered to eve first, the message arrives with NO message
body. I am lost as to why this would happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Does it matter if the
.qmail-default file has the commands on separate lines? Should I add
mydomain.net and mydomain.org to the rcpthosts file? Does it make a
difference if the machine email is being redirected to is running
sendmail?

Qmail is new to me so any advice is very much appreciated.

TIA

Lisa Phillips
Speakeasy Network

----- End forwarded message -----