First of all, this is a really stupid situation we should never have run
into in the first place ; however :

Due to some not so interesting reasons, for a couple of days our DNS has
pointed to another machine with our cloned qmail-configuration on
another IP in another town. I have complete root access to that machine.

Now everything is back as before, but while this machine was MX for quite
a bunch of virtual domains we host, the mail arrived there.

What I need to do now, and I am discovering qmail, is a way to get all the
mail from the distant server to be sent to our machine with a minimum of
fuss and if possible transparent to the users (just being late, extra
headers don't hurt as long as they are of the kind lusers see by default
in their mailer).

I have started plunging into the really dense documentation of qmail and
read some interesting contributions in the archive of this list, compiled
maildircmd and taken a look at its doc as well.

While I feel that there must be a simple solution short of writing a
brute-force-and-ignorance-script with a complete list of maildirs to be
processed, I lack the experience to figure this out on my own.

Thanks in advance to the list for some pointers to intelligent solutions
for my stupid problem.

--
Best Regards
André Morin