hi  everybody

I know this is a tense subject on the mailing list, but please bear with
me. ;o) I haven't even INSTALLED qmail yet, but would much rather use it on
my RedHat 6.1 box than the stock sendmail that's full of holes. However, my
dilemma is that I'm going to be running multiple virtual domains on one
qmail server and dont want to use /etc/passwd rather i am planning to use
LDAP DIRECTORY SERVER (WHERE I CAN SPECIFY MAILMESSAGESTORE AS WELL AS
USERS HOME DIRECTORY ) and am curious to know what steps exactly I should
follow to get the setup completed with qmail. , I have read through the
FAQ's and found them a little confusing. I also searched through the
mailing list archives and am even more confused. What I'm looking for here
is a way to set up my server to accept mail for
 domain1.com,
 domain2.com and
domain3.com ... etc, to
 domainn.com.
Each domain should have its own unique users.
That is, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is NOT         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Is this going to be a problem?  This is the issue that I fail to see
(easily) addressed from what I've read so far  for each of the domains so
that each user can login using POP/IMAP to retrieve their mail( i am
planning to use Maildir rather then Mailbox . I'd also like an way to
handle Email aliasing so that
[EMAIL PROTECTED] can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or wherever else I need
it to go.
 I'm not new to Linux, but I'm new to the idea of setting up multiple
domains on a single host using qmail and directory server , so any
hand-holding would be appreciated. Thanks much,

thanks in advance , with warmest regards
Prashant Desai