On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 09:47:45AM +0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to limit some of my users to file seizes not above 1 MB
>
> How do I implement that.

man qmail-smtpd:
       databytes
            Maximum  number  of  bytes allowed in a message, or 0
            for no limit.  Default: 0.  If a message exceeds this
            limit,  qmail-smtpd returns a permanent error code to
            the client; in contrast,  if  the  disk  is  full  or
            qmail-smtpd   hits   a  resource  limit,  qmail-smtpd
            returns a temporary error code.

            databytes counts bytes as  stored  on  disk,  not  as
            transmitted  through  the network.  It does not count
            the  qmail-smtpd  Received  line,   the   qmail-queue
            Received line, or the envelope.

            If  the  environment  variable  DATABYTES  is set, it
            overrides databytes.

AFAIK there's no easy way to implement a per-user basis.
Or you'd have to try to experiment with setting DATABYTES in tcprules/
tcpserver.
databytes should be in /var/qmail/control ....

> Thanks
> Jacob
HTH,
 Steffan