--- Martin Searancke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Most mail packages have the ability to let a user
> log in when sending mail.
> (Outlook for example.) I was looking at this and had
> a couple of
> questions...
> Is this part of the SMTP standard?

No.

> Can this be used to let authorised people relay
> through a server?
>
> Thanks
> Martin

There are mods to qmail that allow users who have been
authenticated through pop to then send out mail
through your SMTP server.  I have  no experience with
this, but I remember seeing it on www.qmail.org.

Steve

> Martin Searancke
> CommSoft Group Ltd.
> Level 8, CommSoft House
> 90 Symonds St
> Auckland, New Zealand
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> +64 21 778592

=====
---Someone told me that if you play a windoze NT CD backwards, it will play satanic
messages.
---That's NOTHING!! If you play it forwards, it will install windoze NT!!!!!