On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 01:25:36PM -0400, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> Is UTIME necessary in a mail queue?  If a logging filesystem were mounted on a
> separate disk (or network array, etc.) specifically for the mail queue,
> shouldn't it be mounted without UTIME?

You cannot mount without mtime (I misspelt it -- utime is the syscall)
AFAIK.  You can mount without atime (access time).  mtime is changed
every time the file is modified.  ctime is changed every time the inode
is modified (file size change, permissions, etc.)  atime is changed
every time the file is accessed.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/

PGP signature