Quoting Robert Spraggs ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> I am using the out-of-the-box configuration of qmail 1.0.3.

> Jul 11 13:43:10 noif qmail: 963348190.748946 info msg 2654625: bytes 1426
> from <> qp 17024 uid 7774
> Jul 11 13:43:10 noif qmail: 963348190.760341 starting delivery 9163: msg
> 2654625 to remote [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I would have thought that this message should have failed since it is not
> in my rcpthosts, or listed in my tcp.smtp.cbd file, and therefore not
> considered local.
>
> Here is my tcp.smtp:
> 192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT""
> :allow

Hmm, well the output of tcpserver's logfile would help more with
determining whether this connection comes from an IP address that is
allowed relaying.  Second, that rule 192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT"" is
not formatted properly.  It should be RELAYCLIENT="" -- although I
must say the formatting error would not cause unauthorized relay.

It would seem you're obfuscating your IP addresses, or else really
using reserved IP space?

If the IP address isn't in your rules file and setting RELAYCLIENT,
with stock qmail and a working tcpserver with rules, I can only think
of one thing: the message is accepted by another mail server in the
192.168.2.0/24 network with your qmail server as its smarthost.

There's no other way to relay through stock qmail if you have a
rcpthosts file present.  RELAYCLIENT *has* to be set, period.  So,
what was the IP address of the connection that initiated that mail
transfer?  Don't obfuscate, show us the real stuff, and the tcpserver
logs.

Aaron