> sounds like you used the patch that controls relaying by the
> from address??

        No, ORBS is talking about a different thing.

        If I want to mailbomb foo.com, and bar.com is running qmail, then I
can connect to bar.com's mail and say:

mail from: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (not me, my victim)
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          (presumed not to exist, will bounce)
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          (same)
...                           (and so on)
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          (same)
data
Subject: ha ha ha

Enjoy this DOS
.
quit

        And qmail will send 26 individual bounce messages, one for each
nonexistent recipient at bar.com, back to our victim at foo.com.

        I think ORBS is worrying too much, but that's just me.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]