hello friends

  i am planning to config qmail server for a big production system ,
but am confused what to use (sendmail or qmail) , i am a newbie as far as
qmail is concern , but was using sendmail for past some time

 i have installed and tested qmail  , but still  have some doubts
 , please help me

 1> how can i load balance as well as run redundent qmail processes ( like
qmaild,qmail-smtpd , others )

   so that in case  of  some software/hardware failure will not cause any
mail  service outage

2> how can i tell my qmail to relay  just for some range of ip networks

3> how can i tell my qmail  to accept mails only from  those domains who
have valid DNS  MX records

4> suppose my mail server is accepting mails for  first.com ,second.com etc
 domains  ,

 so how can i masquarade mails relayed through my qmail-SMTP server ( that
coming from SMTP clients like microsoft's outlook , netscape messanger etc
clients)

 means  if UID belongs to  first.domain  then it should be masquaraded as
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   if otheruser belongs to second domain then it should go as
a [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 i think  in SMTP  it simply passes address that user had configured in
his/her SMTP  client  , so how to masquarade that address with

qmail,

5>  users belonging to same domain  can have mailboxes on seperate hosts

 i am using qmail-ldap patch

in which there are atteributes like

MailMessageStore
Mailhost

 but its not working
for say  "user1" have id "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" with
MailMessageStore :  /home/user1/email/Maildir
Mailhost         : Host1

and  "USER2" have ID  "[EMAIL PROTECTED] "   with
MailMessageStore : /home/USER2/email/Maildir
Mailhost         : host2

both these are virtual users and does't have system account , they are
there in LDAP  ,

have ~/control/ldapuid
     ~/control/ldapgid

 having  uid  and gid  of one system user that i have created just to
specify  here (in ldapuid,ldapgid control  file)

 this user owns  home directory   of all the users  who doent have system
account and just have LDAP account

 but my  problem  is when i specify diff MailHost ? ( other then the host
on which i have created that special system user)  who should own
homedir/maildir   on that other Mailhost  ,

 is there any work around for this problem

with warmest regards

thanks a lot
Prashant Desai