> I'm getting the wrong date in my headers

> 23:57:48 -0000
>
> my time zone should be +1000,

        qmail intentionally uses GMT (-0000) for Received headers, but will
correctly use your time zone for the Date: header, which is what end users
see.

        The rationale behind this is that the Received headers are used to
debug mail paths, and mail paths often involve machines from different time
zones.  If everybody used GMT for Received headers, debugging mail paths
would be much easier.  When I worked for a Xerox subsidiary, mail
originating in GMT would go to a bastion host in PST that would forward mail
back to my EST location, and trying to figure out why mail was slow
sometimes was a pain in the neck.  (plus two, minus three- or is that minus
two, plus three?)

        There is a patch on the qmail.org site to modify this behavior, but
think twice about why you're doing it, and what you use Received: headers
for.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]