Todd Finney wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> No one seems to have an answer on this, which leads me to believe that my
> question is either (1) a dumb question well covered in a doc somewhere, or
> (2) an extremely difficult question that has everyone stumped.   Could
> someone at least clue me in on which one it is?

Hi Todd,

I couldn't find anything in your post that looked any different than
the FAQ - the answer to the FAQ should fix your problem.  Why don't
you post your hosts.allow (inetd) or tcp.smtp (tcpwrappers) file.
Here's the relevent line from my home box:

tcp-env: 192.168., 127.0.0. : setenv = RELAYCLIENT

I'm using inetd for SMTP - if you're using tcpwrappers the tcp.smtp
file would be different but similar:

192.168.0.0:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

(those are the example lines - I don't use them so I don't know if
they're correct)  Basically, anytime one of your local machines
connects to the SMTP port, set RELAYCLIENT before running qmail-smtpd.

Eric