thanks for your help. I've just found out another way to fix this problem. I
used the queue-fix (http://www.netmeridian.com/e-huss/queue-fix.tar.gz)
program by Eric Huss.
It repairs or generates a qmail queue structure. You can use this to help
move your queue location, or if you regenerate the file system and the inode
numbering changes. It will also fix permissions and ownerships of the files.
Have a look at http://qmail.plig.org/top.html#usersoft

thanks for your help anyway,
Joel