As has been discussed recently on the qmail list, the RSS people have stopped
providing TXT records for the relays.mail-abuse.org zone, which breaks
rblsmtpd. It's been reported that they were having problems with the size of
the zone; I imagine that this means thatBIND was having problems with the size
of the zone.

As an experiment, I AXFRed a copy of the relays.mail-abuse.org zone, formatted
it for rbldns, and compiled it into a cdb with rbldns-data. I added a line that
said:

:127.0.0.2:553 Open relay problem - see http://www.mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/nph-rss?$

which is all that's required for rbldns to return the appropriate A and TXT
records. The whole cdb is only 1,276,699 bytes, which hardly seems
unmanageable.

Does anyone feel like doing periodic transfers of the RSS zone, running a
little script to put it in the right format, and publishing it with rbldns as a
test? I may do it myself if I can scare up an extra IP address.

Chris