Chris Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 04:37:41PM -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:
> > > I have a mail server that needs to receive mail for local users and handle
> > > bounces.  However,  I would like all outgoing mail to use my QMQP servers
> > > instead of being queued locally.  Is this possible?
> >
> No.
>
> You might look at Bruce Guenter's nullmailer, http://em.ca/~bruceg/nullmailer/
> I've never used it, but it looks like it might do what you need.

nullmailer doesn't provide an SMTP daemon for incoming mail; it is only for
sending locally-injected mail from a dumb host to a smart relay.  However,
it's excellent for that.

However, smtproutes could be used with qmail to provide this functionality,
I think.  Set up /var/qmail/control/locals to handle local deliveries, and
put the single line
:smarthost.domain
into /var/qmail/control/smtproutes.  This should make everything that can't
be delivered locally be forwarded to your smarthost.

Anyone care to correct me on this?

Charles
Charles Cazabon                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
QCC Communications Corporation                   Saskatoon, SK
My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my employer.