On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 12:38:15AM -0400, Gadoury wrote:

> Logging is already setup using multilog.  I just haven't figured out how to
> read them.  I downloaded a couple of utilities for reading them but the
> documentation is a bit vague.

The best program for making them clear and easier to understand is
qmLogsort.  Groups the lines by message so you don't have to track a
single message across several pages of log files.

> > But you've GOT to fix that relay problem.
>
> I am using tcpserver/tcprules and only have a few IPs enabled for relaying
> mail.  From my reading it seems to me that should keep it pretty much
> secure.  I am working on implementing the POP to SMTP scheme.

Ah, but your rcpthosts file is empty, which make qmail default back to
relaying for everyone.  The RELAYCLIENT variable in your tcprules only
serves to tell it to ignore rcpthosts for certain IPs.  Here, I can
prove it:

petra:~$ telnet mail.grayhat.org 25
Trying 210.228.3.165...
Connected to mail.grayhat.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.grayhat.org ESMTP
helo doofus
250 mail.grayhat.org
mail from:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
rcpt to:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
quit
221 mail.grayhat.org
Connection closed by foreign host.
petra:~$

Being a non-malicious type, I did not rape and pillage your server.
However, I could have just as easily spammed 500,000 addresses from your
server.  Not a good thing.

Have fun...  And ADD THAT RCPTHOSTS FILE!!!

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101