dG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 14 September 2000 at 17:50:33 -0500
 > My apologies. I should have included the original code in my email.  The
 > method you suggested is the method employed in the script on Adam's page.
 > Unfortunately, svscan is not behaving the way the documentation says that it
 > should.
 >
 > You can test this by executing 'svscan /service' from the command line.
 > When I execute this command, svscan attempts to start ./run in every
 > subdirectory of my working directory.

My init file depends on svscan using the directory specified, and it
works (the working directory at that point is definitely somewhere
else).  I vaguely remember that this changed somewhere in the short
history of svscan; that older versions worked only out of the current
directory.  Are you running the current version.
--
David Dyer-Bennet / Welcome to the future! / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/