hi,
first of all read life with qmail by dave sill (
http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html )- really excelent.
qmail delivers mail into a users maildir if in the homedir of the user is a .qmail
file with the entry ./Maildir/
the maildir MUST be created with ~/qmail/bin/maildirmake ./Maildir
su to the user and it will have the correct permissions and owners (btw: as root you
may do a maildirmake and create a .qmail file
in /etc/skel and useradd will do the whole thing for you)

[root@localhost]# chmod -R 755 /home/user/Maildir
these permissions are extremely wrong! - or would you allow everyone to read your
mails?

with tcp-server and checkpassword the start of pop3d may look like:
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup myhost.mydomain.org
/bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir
| /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d &

the point is to give qmail-pop3d Maildir as a parameter so it knows where to look for
mails

hope that helps
;) a

Alexander Jernejcic
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin LOVE-LETTER-UND-NIX-DAZUGELERNT.txt.vbs
I am a Signature, not a Virus!
end