O'Yang Kai writes:
 > I'm trying to increase the robustness of our qmail environment by setting up
 > multiple default routes in control/smtproutes such as:
 > :hub1.company.com
 > :hub2.company.com
 >
 > The problem is that the emails will only route to hub1 and never to hub2.
 > Before I try to implement round robin DNS or lbnamed, is there any way to
 > set up in qmail so that it will automatically fall over to hub2 if hub1
 > fails, or do a random choice between hub1/2?

Well yeah; using MX records.  If you need private MX records, you
should be using split DNS.  smtproutes is really only for overriding
somebody *else*'s DNS.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com | A hate crime makes
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | it illegal to think certain