We have a little script that sends 5 different messages in rapid succession
to one email address.  When it gets pointed at our mailserver running MS
Exchange, it works fine, however, when pointed at the qmail box, only the
first message makes it through, the other 4 get delayed or deffered and put
back into the queue (MS Exchange or some MS mailserver thing).

Does qmail limit how fast one host can send messages via smtp?

Here's my tcpserver line:
tcpserver -q -c 500 -x /etc/smtp.cdb -H -l mail.marketwatchmail.com -R -u
503 -g 503 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger
smtpd 3 &

Jay Austad
Network Administrator
CBS Marketwatch